Rates per person in USD:
Land Arrangement Rates
The lively and glamorous cities of San Francisco and Los Angeles contrast with the rugged beauty of the Californian coast and grandeur of Yosemite National Park.
|Starts on||Returns on||Twin||Single|
|June 2, 2017||June 10, 2017||US$3150||US$4575|
|June 9, 2017||June 17, 2017||US$3150||US$4575|
|June 23, 2017||July 1, 2017||US$3150||US$4575|
|July 7, 2017||July 15, 2017||US$3150||US$4575|
|July 14, 2017||July 22, 2017||US$3150||US$4575|
|July 28, 2017||Aug 5, 2017||US$3150||US$4575|
|Aug 11, 2017||Aug 19, 2017||US$3150||US$4575|
|Aug 18, 2017||Aug 26, 2017||US$3150||US$4575|
|Sep 1, 2017||Sep 9, 2017||US$3150||US$4575|
|Sep 15, 2017||Sep 23, 2017||US$3150||US$4575|
|Sep 22, 2017||Sep 30, 2017||US$3150||US$4575|
|Oct 6, 2017||Oct 14, 2017||US$3150||US$4575|
|Oct 13, 2017||Oct 21, 2017||US$3150||US$4575|
- Hearst Castle: Ascend the 'Enchanted Hill' for a guided tour of one of America's grandest private estates.
- Santa Barbara: Visit Mission Santa Barbara, a historic Spanish mission founded by the Franciscan order in 1786.
- Los Angeles: Visit the Getty Villa, a recreated ancient Roman country house.
- Los Angeles: Step beyond the red carpet. A behind-the-scenes look at the Oscars on a private tour of the Dolby Theatre.
- San Francisco: See the cable cars, Union Square, Alamo Square and Golden Gate Bridge.
- Sonoma: Explore the shops of this Spanish Plaza.
- Yosemite National Park: Experience the natural beauty and wildlife. See the El Capitan and Half Dome rock formations.
- San Joaquin Valley: Stop at a historic fruit stand.
- Carmel-by-the-Sea: Browse the art galleries and shops.
- Santa Barbara: Drive down State Street, view the Court House and Stearns Wharf.
- Santa Monica: Stroll along the Third Street Promenade.
- Los Angeles: Drive along Sunset Boulevard, see the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Grauman's Chinese Theater.
- Scenic Drives: 17-Mile Drive past the Pebble Beach Golf Links.
- San Francisco: Enjoy a Signature Evening with a walking tour through Chinatown, followed by an authentic Chinese dinner.
- Napa Valley: Visit Benziger Winery for a private tram tour featuring the barrel aging caves and an exclusive tasting.
- Monterey: Dinner with wine is available from a selection of restaurants on your Dine-Around evening.
- Los Angeles: Spend the afternoon touring and tasting your way through the historic LA Farmers Market with a Local Expert.
- Los Angeles: Enjoy an end-of-tour Celebration Dinner of American comfort classics with a Southern twist at Engine Co 28, a renovated firehouse from 1912.
- 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 8 Full Breakfasts (FB), 1 Signature Evening (SE), 1 Dine-Around (DA) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD).
- San Francisco: Your boutique Omni hotel is a sophisticated, urban retreat located only a short walk to Union Square.
- Sonoma: The Fairmont is the ultimate Wine Country resort, surrounded by lush vineyards and dotted with natural hot springs.
- Yosemite: Stay in the park and enjoy Yosemite after the crowds have left, just a short walk to Yosemite Falls.
- Los Angeles: Located In the heart of the city and setting a new standard of luxury, the stunning JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE Hotel is the focal point of L.A.
- An expert Insight Tour Director, at the pinnacle of their career, will guide you on your journey. Serving as your 'travelling concierge', this skilled guide will act as consummate organiser and be your 'friend in a foreign land'.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight's luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom. It's business class comfort.
- A personal radio headset gives you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating insights and commentaries.
- Baggage handling everywhere, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel.
- Hotel and restaurant tips included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi.
- Insight Flourishes - from time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Included airport transfers on the first and last day of your tour.
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
HIGHLIGHT HOTELS AND LOCATIONS
ADDITIONAL FIVE STAR SERVICES
Best of California
Day 1 San Francisco, the City by the Bay
Welcome to California! On arrival at San Francisco International Airport, your airport transfer takes you to your tour hotel. At 6.00 pm, join your Tour Director for a Welcome Reception and an opportunity to mingle and get to know each other over a pleasant evening with drinks and a light meal.
Hotel: Omni San Francisco
Welcome Reception and Dinner
Day 2 Exploring San Francisco
Spend the morning taking in the sights of the city – the bustling activity in Union Square and beautiful Golden Gate Park. Later, join your Tour Director and fellow guests for a Signature Evening with an informative walking tour through Chinatown followed by an authentic Chinese dinner at a restaurant loved by the locals.
Hotel: Omni San Francisco
Full Breakfast, Signature Evening
Day 3 A Taste of California's Wine Country
Enter the Napa Valley in California's lush premier wine country with a visit to the Benziger Family Winery for a private tram tour. Take an up-close look at the vines and learn about the biodynamic and certified organic farming approach and history of the winery, while enjoying the breathtaking views. See the terraced vineyards and visit the crush pad, barrel aging caves and Tasting Room where you'll enjoy an exclusive tasting. Later in the afternoon, peruse the quaint shops at Sonoma's historic plaza. The evening is at leisure.
Hotel: The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa
Day 4 Yosemite National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Travel through California's Gold Country and into the Sierra Nevada Mountains to Yosemite National Park. Explore the valley floor with its spectacular waterfalls, the imposing rock formations of El Capitan and Half Dome and abundant wildlife. Enjoy your hotel, located inside the park and close to North America's highest waterfall.
Hotel: Yosemite Valley Lodge
Day 5 Monterey, the Cradle of History
Drive down the Sierras and through the fertile San Joaquin Valley. As you arrive in Carmel-by-the-Sea browse the art galleries and shops on Ocean Avenue, before a relaxing drive across the Monterey Peninsula and along scenic 17-Mile Drive. Pass the famous Pebble Beach Golf Links and multi-million dollar mansions before arriving in charming Monterey. For your dining pleasure, you have a spectacular selection of local restaurants to choose from.
Hotel: Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa
Full Breakfast, Dine-Around
Day 6 Hearst Castle and the American Riviera
Head south to La Cuesta Encantada, ‘The Enchanted Hill' high above the ocean at San Simeon, for a guided tour of Hearst Castle - the grandiose estate of publishing magnate William Randolph Hearst. Continue south through the vineyards of the Central Coast to the resort town of Santa Barbara, often billed as the ‘American Riviera'. Check into your beachfront hotel.
Hotel: Fess Parkers Doubletree Resort
Day 7 Santa Monica and the City of Angels
Visit the beautiful Mission Santa Barbara and learn about the chain of 21 missions along California's El Camino Real. Then journey along spectacular Santa Monica Bay, passing through glamorous Malibu on your way to Santa Monica. Take time to stroll along the popular Third Street Promenade. Visit the stunning Getty Villa, a recreation of an ancient Roman country house, for a guided tour. Continue on to your luxurious hotel at L.A. LIVE, the city's newest and one-of-a-kind entertainment destination. This evening, set out for a popular restaurant to enjoy a glittering Celebration Dinner L.A. style.
Hotel: JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles
Full Breakfast, Celebration Dinner
Day 8 The Glitz and Glam of L.A.
In the morning, spot the Hollywood Sign during your sightseeing tour, view Grauman's Chinese Theatre and stroll along the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Experience the glitz and glam of Hollywood on a private tour of the Dolby Theatre, home to the Academy Awards ceremony. Spend the afternoon at the historic L.A. Farmers Market with a Local Expert to take you through the collection of restaurants and shops for a tasting before taking time to explore on your own. In the evening, enjoy a Celebration Dinner of American comfort classics with a Southern twist at Engine Co 28, a renovated firehouse from 1912.
Hotel: JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE
Full Breakfast, Celebration Dinner
Day 9 Depart Los Angeles
Your California tour comes to an end with a departure transfer to Los Angeles International Airport.