Rates per person in USD:
Land Arrangement Rates
Italy's most famous and best loved cities reveal a treasure-trove of riches on this concise, yet surprisingly diverse itinerary.
|Departs on||Returns on||Twin Sharing||Single Occupancy|
|June 4, 2017||June 11, 2017||US$2275||US$2815|
|June 11, 2017||June 18, 2017||US$2450||US$2990|
|June 18, 2017||June 25, 2017||US$2450||US$2990|
|June 25, 2017||July 2, 2017||US$2450||US$2990|
|July 2, 2017||July 9, 2017||US$2250||US$2770|
|July 9, 2017||July 16, 2017||US$2250||US$2770|
|July 16, 2017||July 23, 2017||US$2225||US$2745|
|July 23, 2017||July 30, 2017||US$2175||US$2665|
|July 30, 2017||Aug 6, 2017||US$2175||US$2665|
|Aug 6, 2017||Aug 13, 2017||US$2175||US$2665|
|Aug 13, 2017||Aug 20, 2017||US$2175||US$2665|
|Aug 20, 2017||Aug 27, 2017||US$2175||US$2665|
|Aug 27, 2017||Sep 3, 2017||US$2225||US$2715|
|Sep 3, 2017||Sep 10, 2017||US$2395||US$2915|
|Sep 10, 2017||Sep 17, 2017||US$2395||US$2935|
|Sep 17, 2017||Sep 24, 2017||US$2395||US$2935|
|Sep 24, 2017||Oct 1, 2017||US$2395||US$2935|
|Oct 1, 2017||Oct 8, 2017||US$2275||US$2815|
|Oct 8, 2017||Oct 15, 2017||US$2275||US$2815|
|Oct 15, 2017||Oct 22, 2017||US$2275||US$2815|
|Oct 22, 2017||Oct 29, 2017||US$2275||US$2815|
|Oct 29, 2017||Nov 5, 2017||US$2225||US$2765|
|Nov 5, 2017||Nov 12, 2017||US$1825||US$2175|
|Nov 19, 2017||Nov 26, 2017||US$1825||US$2175|
|Dec 21, 2017||Dec 28, 2017||US$1950||US$2300|
|Dec 28, 2017||Jan 4, 2018||US$2250||US$2740|
- Venice: To the tune of accompanying musicians, you are serenaded through the atmospheric canals by gondola.
- lorence: Gain a fascinating insight into the work of Michelangelo's masterpiece, David, with a Renaissance art expert during your visit to the Accademia Museum.
- Assisi: A Local Expert will explain why the Basilica of St. Francis is considered one of the crowning achievements of medieval Europe.
- Rome: A Local Expert takes you on an exploration of the city's highlights including St Peters Basilica, the Sistine Chapel, and gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums.
- Verona: Walk past the well preserved Roman Arena to Juliet's balcony in the courtyard of a Renaissance villa.
- Venice: Cruise to St. Mark's Square by private launch. See St. Mark's Basilica, bell tower, clock tower, Doges' Palace and Bridge of Sighs. Witness hand made Venetian glass-blowing.
- Pisa: See the Cathedral, Baptistery and ‘Leaning Tower'.
- Florence: During your guided walking tour, see the Cathedral, belltower, ‘Gates of Paradise' on the Baptistery and visit Signoria Square. Witness a leather-work demonstration.
- Rome: Enjoy a private guided tour of St. Peter's Basilica.
- Florence: With a Local Expert, learn what to look for in a local vino rosso and what foods to pair it with - useful information when ordering Florentine cuisine.
- Rome: Enjoy an exclusive Celebration Dinner inside the Vatican after it closes to the public. What better way to toast your tour than in true VIP style?
- 7 Buffet Breakfasts (BB); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 1 three-course table d’hôte Dinner (DW) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) all with wine, plus tea or coffee. Departures on tour for Christmas and New Year's Eve enjoy a festive Highlight Dinner.
- Rome: The magnificent Kolbe is a 15th century luxury four-star hotel. This former convent, is located in the heart of Rome and offers excellent amenities.
- An expert Insight Tour Director, at the pinnacle of their career, will guide you on your journey. Serving as your 'travelling concierge', this skilled guide will act as consummate organiser and be your 'friend in a foreign land'.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight's luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom. It's business class comfort.
- A personal radio headset gives you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating insights and commentaries.
- Baggage handling everywhere, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel.
- Hotel and restaurant tips included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi.
- Insight Flourishes - from time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Included airport transfers at scheduled times on arrival and departure days.
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
ADDITIONAL FIVE STAR SERVICES
Day 1 Elegant Como
Welcome to Italy. After being greeted by your Tour Director at Milan's Malpensa Airport, your transfer departs at 09:30 and 12:30. In the evening, you are invited to a warm and friendly Welcome Reception with the opportunity to mingle and get to know each other over a pleasant evening of dinner and wine.
Hotel: Hotel Palace, Como
Welcome Reception and Dinner
Day 2 Verona and on to Venice, the Queen of the Adriatic
Head east to elegant Verona in the morning for a leisurely walk past the well-preserved Roman Arena that is still used for opera performances. Stand beneath the balcony in the courtyard of Juliet's house, the supposed location of the famous balcony love scene. After some free time for browsing around the local market, it's on to the glorious city of Venice.
Hotel: Best Western Premier Hotel Sant'Elena, Venice
Day 3 Venice and the Magic of ‘La Serenissima’
(Relaxed Start) Even for the experienced traveller, there can be no better joy than waking up in Venice. Transfer to Giudecca Island to witness the art of glassblowing. Then appreciate the splendour as you cruise by Palladio's San Giorgio Maggiore to St. Mark's Square. Your Tour Director will explain the glorious history of ‘La Serenissima', once one of the greatest trading centres of the world – its wealth and power is echoed by the riches of St. Mark's Basilica. See the Doge's Palace and its adjoining Bridge of Sighs. Spend the afternoon as you wish. Later, on your romantic gondola serenade, glide along the atmospheric canals while musicians set the mood with traditional songs.
Hotel: Best Western Premier Hotel Sant'Elena, Venice
Day 4 Tranquil Tuscany, Pisa and Florence
Follow the fertile valley of the River Po, into the peaceful landscapes of Tuscany. Continue to Pisa to see the world-famous Leaning Tower in the ‘Meadow of Miracles' and also the 11th century cathedral and baptistery. Then venture on to beautiful Florence - a treasure house of the Renaissance. On arrival, meet a Local Expert for a walking tour of the historic centre. Visit the Accademia Museum to see Michelangelo's masterpiece statue, 'David'. Admire the marble clad cathedral and baptistery, where Ghiberti's ‘Gates of Paradise' have been recreated in all their glory. Next stop is Signoria Square filled with Renaissance sculptures. Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino, Montepulciano - the wines of Tuscany are famous worldwide. During your stay, sample some of these robust reds and learn about their origins.
Hotel: NH Anglo American, Florence
Buffet Breakfast, Three-course Dinner with wine, plus tea or coffee
Day 5 Free time in renaissance Florence
(Relaxed Start) In the morning, learn all the secrets of traditional Florentine leather-work. The rest of the day is free for you to fully immerse yourself in the Tuscan capital. Perhaps shop for leather goods at the markets around Santa Croce or relax and soak up the atmosphere in one of the many street cafes. Be sure not to miss the magnificent museums and galleries that house some of the most famous works of art in the world. In the evening, there is an opportunity to sample the true flavours of the region with a sumptuous Tuscan dinner and local wine.
Hotel: NH Anglo American, Florence.
Day 6 Chianti Country to Assisi and on to Rome.
Travel through the vineyards of the Chianti region this morning, past Lake Trasimeno - the Italian Peninsula's largest lake and site of a great battle in ancient times against Hannibal and his war elephants. Climb into the foothills of the Apennine Mountains to delightful Assisi, a stone built town spilling over the steep hillside. With a Local Expert, visit the tomb of St. Francis and see the beautiful frescoes by Giotto in the great basilica, before continuing along the valley of the River Tiber towards the ‘Eternal City' of Rome. In the evening, why not throw your coin into the Trevi Fountain to ensure your return to the city?
Hotel: Kolbe Hotel, Rome
Day 7 Rome sightseeing with private Vatican dinner
In the morning enjoy the very best of the city's highlights including a tour of the magnificent St Peter's Basilica in the Vatican. There's free time to do as the Romans do, or perhaps join a tour inside the Colosseum. Then, you are fast-tracked through our special VIP entrance of the Vatican Museums with a Local Expert. Admire the Papal art collection and enter the Sistine Chapel and admire Michelangelo's masterpiece on its ceiling. After the museums close their doors to the public, our tour culminates with a special invitation from a curator of the Ethnological Museum to share their immense knowledge of the collection. Dine tonight in the Vatican in refined elegance among its priceless treasures at a private VIP Celebration Dinner.
Hotel: Kolbe Hotel, Rome
Buffet Breakfast, Celebration Dinner
Day 8 Arrivederci Roma
Bid farewell to the glories of Italy. Departure transfers arrive at Rome's Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci Airport at 07:00 & 09:30.