Rates per person in USD:
Land Arrangement Rates per person
A sensational sojourn designed to capture the very essence of Europe in a short period of time. Travel from the canals of Amsterdam to the Swiss Alps and elegant boulevards of Paris
|Starts on||Returns on||Twin Sharing||Single Occupancy|
|June 4, 2017||June 11, 2017||US$2375||US$2995|
|June 11, 2017||June 18, 2017||US$2375||US$2995|
|June 18, 2017||June 25, 2017||US$2375||US$2995|
|June 25, 2017||July 2, 2017||US$2375||US$2995|
|July 2, 2017||July 9, 2017||US$2375||US$2995|
|July 9, 2017||July 16, 2017||US$2350||US2940|
|July 16, 2017||July 23, 2017||US$2350||US$2940|
|July 23, 2017||July 30, 2017||US$2350||US$2940|
|July 30, 2017||Aug 6, 2017||US$2350||US$2940|
|Aug 6, 2017||Aug 13, 2017||US$2350||US$2940|
|Aug 13, 2017||Aug 20, 2017||US$2350||US$2940|
|Aug 20, 2017||Aug 27, 2017||US$2350||US$2940|
|Aug 27, 2017||Sep 3, 2017||US$2395||US$3015|
|Sep 3, 2017||Sep 10, 2017||US$2395||US$3015|
|Sep 10, 2017||Sep 17, 2017||US$2395||US$3015|
|Sep 17, 2017||Sep 24, 2017||US$2395||US$3015|
|Sep 24, 2017||Oct 1, 2017||US$2395||US$3015|
|Oct 1, 2017||Oct 8, 2017||US$2395||US$3015|
- Eurostar: Relax on the smooth high-speed Eurostar train from London via the historic Channel Tunnel to Brussels.
- Rhine Valley: Cruise beneath the semi-ruined castles and terraced vineyards. Sleepy villages slip by as you saunter upstream to the Loreley Rock.
- Stanserhorn: A spectacular journey by a funicular railway and open-top cable car to the summit of the Stanserhorn for expansive mountain views.
- Paris: With a Local Expert explore the myriad of streets of the Latin Quarter and Île de la Cité.
- Paris: The Eiffel Tower draws some 7 million visitors annually, but your tickets are reserved in advance. Skip the queues and ride the elevator to the viewing platforms, for breathtaking panoramas over the city.
- Black Forest: Watch skilled artisans at work, learn the history and ancient techniques of clock making.
- Amsterdam: See Dam Square, the Royal Palace and Mint Tower.
- Heidelberg: See the red sandstone castle and explore the baroque Old Town.
- Rhine Falls: See the Rhine River thundering over the falls.
- Lucerne: View the emotive Lion Monument. See the covered Chapel Bridge and Jesuit Church.
- Paris: See Notre Dame Cathedral, the façades of the Louvre Museum, the Place de la Concorde. Drive along the Champs Elysées to the Arc de Triomphe.
- Scenic Drives: Black Forest, Burgundy.
- Lucerne: Enjoy a traditional Swiss supper of hearty specialties at a local restaurant.
- Paris: Rendezvous with your friends at a typical French bistro for a little wine and a rousing Celebration Dinner. Bon Appétit!
- 7 Buffet Breakfasts (BB); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 1 Restaurant Dinner (RD) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) all with wine, plus tea or coffee.
- Amsterdam: The Mövenpick Amsterdam City Centre offers spectacular views over the River IJ and is within walking distance from the historical city centre.
- Heidelberg: The four-star superior Crowne Plaza provides stylish accommodation, just a five-minute walk from the historic Old Town.
- Paris: A premium four-star hotel, the Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel is conveniently located by the Latin Quarter and Saint-Germain-des-Prés.
- An expert Insight Tour Director, at the pinnacle of their career, will guide you on your journey. Serving as your 'travelling concierge', this skilled guide will act as consummate organiser and be your 'friend in a foreign land'.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight's luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom. It's business class comfort.
- A personal radio headset gives you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating insights and commentaries.
- Baggage handling everywhere, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel.
- Hotel and restaurant tips included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi.
- Insight Flourishes - from time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Included airport transfers at scheduled times on arrival and departure days.
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
ADDITIONAL FIVE STAR SERVICES
Day 1 Depart from London by Eurostar for Brussels
After a warm welcome from your Tour Director, transfer to London's St. Pancras Station to board the high-speed Eurostar. Once you board the train, sit back and relax, while you are whisked through the historic Channel Tunnel to Brussels in just over 2 hours! Alternatively, join at the Brussels hotel. (For reduction, see date chart). This afternoon, walk with your Tour Director through the Grand Place, voted Europe's most beautiful square, lined with gilded buildings from the late 17th century and the Gothic Town Hall. Stroll on through the back streets to the capital's most celebrated water feature, the cheeky Mannekin Pis statue. Later, join your Tour Director for a Welcome Reception and an opportunity to mingle and get to know each other over a pleasant evening of dinner and wine.
Hotel: Marriott Brussels
Welcome Reception and Dinner
Day 2 Dutch Countryside to Amsterdam
Leave Brussels and drive north into the Netherlands. Continue through pleasant Dutch countryside to lively Amsterdam, the ‘City of Canals'. Drive across Dam Square, the heart of the city, past the Royal Palace and Mint Tower. Round-off the day with a taste of glamour as you visit one of the great diamond houses - an industry dating back to the 16th century - for a demonstration of cutting and polishing!
Hotel: Mövenpick Amsterdam City Centre, Amsterdam
Day 3 Glide past the Castles of the Rhine Valley to Heidelberg
Leave Amsterdam today, en route for Germany. Pass the border town of Arnhem, renowned for its “Bridge Too Far”. Cross the extensive Ruhr Basin and head for the romantic Rhine Gorge. From the wine village of Boppard, enjoy a delightful river cruise past hilltop castles, sleepy riverside towns and leafy terraced vineyards. Continue on to Heidelberg.
Hotel: Crowne Plaza Heidelberg City Centre, Heidelberg
Day 4 Through the Black Forest to Lucerne
Head for the ancient city of Freiburg, before climbing into the heart of the Black Forest, home of the cuckoo clock industry. Learn about their origins from a master carver and see how these clocks are made. Continue into Switzerland to view the thundering Rhine Falls. Drive on to lakeside Lucerne where there's time to shop for chocolate or that special timepiece.
Hotel: Astoria, Lucerne
Day 5 Lucerne's Lakes and Lion
In the morning, head to the town of Stans and embark on a scenic journey by funicular railway and open-top cable car to the summit of the stunning Stanserhorn. On a clear day, in addition to the beautiful mountains and surrounding hills, there are views as far as Alsace and the Black Forest in Germany. Back in Lucerne, see the stirring Lion Monument, dedicated to the Swiss Guards who died defending the King of France. During your free time, maybe take a stroll across the covered Chapel Bridge to the baroque Jesuit church? Perhaps hire a bicycle and enjoy a pleasant ride beside the lake. For dinner, you are treated to a typical Swiss supper of hearty specialties at a local restaurant.
Hotel: Astoria, Lucerne
Buffet Breakfast, RD
Day 6 On to Paris for a ‘Diner de Célébration’
Drive to Basel before crossing the Rhine to enter France. Travel through the wine-growing Burgundy region to Paris, the vibrant ‘Ville-Lumière' (City of Light). During your time in Paris, see the imposing façades of the Louvre, the banks of the Seine with its many romantic bridges, the obelisk in the centre of the Place de la Concorde and drive along the Champs Elysées to the Arc de Triomphe. Enjoy a ‘Diner de Célébration' served with wine in a Parisian bistro, abundant with French ambience.
Hotel: Marriott Rive Gauche, Paris
Buffet Breakfast, Celebration Dinner
Day 7 Paris ‘City of Light’
Meet your Local Expert who takes you on a walking tour of the bohemian Latin Quarter. Explore the myriad of streets situated on the left bank of the Seine, before continuing by the Île de la Cité to see Notre Dame Cathedral with its famous tale of Quasimodo. Next, ascend to the viewing platforms of the Eiffel Tower for spectacular panoramas of the city. The rest of the day is at leisure for a shopping spree in the grand department stores or the elegant designer boutiques. By night, why not try one of the world famous cabaret shows for an evening of excitement and glamour?
Hotel: Marriott Rive Gauche, Paris
Day 8 Au revoir Paris
Transfers arrive Charles de Gaulle Airport at 08:00 & 10:00 hours.